Tuesday 26 July 2011

Seoul Day 2 - Deoksugung Palace and Hanboks!

     One of the first place we went to was Deoksugung Palace.  It’s a lovely palace located in the city that has alot of history.

There are a few artifacts inside the palace too. 
Here is one that I thought was cool.  It's called "Borujak Jagyeongnu" and it's a waterclock!

We managed to make it in time for the “changing of the guards” event that happens around noon.   The changing of the guards occurs in the front gate where the guards swap shifts.  You have to see it to believe it but it's quite impressive sight because the changing of the guards involve a march with live music!  Check out the video we took during our trip to see what I mean. I wish I got such a welcome and farewell  every time I came or left work!

 
 The highlight of my day was getting a chance to wear a hanbok.  In Korea, a hanbok is the traditional Korean dress from the south. It is often characterized by bright vibrant colors and simple lines.

Erik got to wear one too.



No comments:

Post a Comment