Sunday 31 July 2011

Day 6 - Above Wangsimni Station and An Obsession with Donuts?

Our hotel was walking distance to Wangsimni Station.  I like how  one of the entrances to the station is decked out with lights XD   
There was also a large mall called Bitplex  above the station.It's a nice mall with your typical E-mart, shops and cinema.

I went inside E-mart and found....
dun dun dun
an umbrella sword!!!  
I call it, "ninja umbrella".  Only such a thing would exist in Asia.
I wanted to take it home but got a pink umbrella with polka dots and squirrels on it instead.


Now about Korean's an their obsession with donuts.  I dunno about you but I found many Dunkin Donut places.  You might say, "Oh Gwen, that's normal to see those around." But like this?
I saw a few franchise formats that were 3-4 story high. You know how there's the KFC chicken bucket?  Well, in Korea's Dunkin Donuts you can also get bucket too but  full of donuts in all sorts of crazy flavors. 

I never was a Dunkin Donuts kinda gal but I did stop by a Crispy Cream because it's quite interesting how some franchises are able to adapt in other countries.  After the whole Atkin's diet trend, Crispy Cream kinda pulled out of Canada and the States.  I couldn't resist and had to go inside. 
 I ordered, one blueberry donut and one hello kitty donut.  Fancy stuff.  





No comments:

Post a Comment