Monday 24 October 2011

Day 4 - Westminster Church , Green Park

          I would like to introduce to you a little bunny. She's is adorable for a black bunny.   She is an adult bunny and she's sooooooo tiny!   
          Due to poor genetics, she has no front teeth :(  When she licks my finger I kinda wonder if she likes me or it's a sign that she is actually trying to bite me.  

          Today, Susan's mummy created some Hungarian treats called “túró” It's basically a cottage cheese dumpling that has been baked or fried with butter and served with sour cream or icing sugar.  They are so delicious.

          I went to Westminster Cathedral in the morning.  It is the mother church of the Catholic community in England and Wales.   It's located in the city.  It is rather different looking from most churches but I think it still looks nice.  It has bricks that contrast each other.  
          The contrasting bricks or bands are Portland stones.  The exterior of the church kinda reminds me of a gingerbread house with lots of piped icing.
 
          No photography was allowed inside :'( which is a shame.  I think this church as very unique and is still worth seeing though.  It is larger than how it looks.  There are various sectioned areas 4-5 rooms to the right and 4-5 rooms to the left for prayer.  There are many mosaic pictures and a room with treasures to look at.  
 Why must everyone looks so darn serious?

           It's a few hours pass noon in front of Buckingham Palace.  The flag is up!  And if the flag is up, it means that the queen is home.   I wonder what she is doing today.

This place oddly isn't so crowded today which means...I can take a break from walking and sit around the fountains before I head to Green Park.
Ta-da. The entrance gates to Green Park.  Isn't it so grand?
Green Park is quite big ...
 and has lovely trails for pedestrians.
          I was able to find the monument for the Canadian troops that fought to defend England in WW2 in this park.   The monument was a fountain with maple leaves on the surface where the water falls.  I think it's cute that all the children try to touch the leaves but they won't move!
  "From Danger Shared Our Friendship"

No comments:

Post a Comment