Wednesday 10 August 2011

Day 1:Ho Chi Minh - The Rex and the Rooftop Garden

       I mainly choose to stay in Rex for most of my days in Ho chi Minh City because it was walking distance to a lot of attractions that I wanted to see in town.
        I also wanted to wake up to something surreal and nothing beats waking up to Ho Chi Minh's anthem when you are at the Rex. 
        From the fifth floor you can see Uncle Ho's statue, the opera house, the postal house and see the crazy flow of traffic. Wandering around the city at night is especially nice.  It's something about the night ambiance, the cooler weather and quietness that makes it feel different and adventurous.

Here are the pics I took of Lam Son Square.  


Rex's Rooftop Garden 
        The Rex's rooftop garden got it’s fame when it was a venue for daily military briefs to the press during the Vietnam War.  It came to be known as the "Five O'Clock Follies".  For me, the rooftop garden was a nice place to relax during the day or night.  During the day the place serves amazing food and at night it’s very romantic with all the bird cage lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment